Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Tournament - Official Announcement
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
03-17-16 02:30 PM - Post#204782    
    In response to bradley

I am a fan of the conference tournament because I think, over time, it makes the conference stronger and increases the chances of a 2nd bid. With a conference tournament, I think Ivy league schools are more attractive to recruits who want to play more games. It also allows 3-4 other teams with realistic chances to make the NCAA tournament. If Harvard continues on it's lock on the NCAA AQ (current year excepted), then it only takes one team to get hot late and win two games to get the AQ.

If, for example, Harvard finishes 13-1 and has wins in the non conference against top 50 teams the likes of Kansas, Auburn and Oklahoma, and then Penn or Columbia get hot and win the tournament to get the AQ, the chances of an at large bid for are increasingly good.

And that success would likely lead to more 4 star type recruits to pick Ivy league schools which would make the conference stronger. If we are a top 10 conference with 3-4 teams getting 4 star recruits and beating top 50 teams in the non conference, we will get regular looks at an at large bid. Harvard wouldn't like it, but it's better for the conference long term.

Outside of Bucknell, who doesn't like the Holy Cross story this year? And their NCAA appearance and First Four win is absolutely going to help their recruiting.

It's plausible.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:37 AM