Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth Paper Evaluates Cormier Firing
hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
04-19-16 05:08 PM - Post#206340    
    In response to palestra38

There were 2 players quoted. One anonymous; the other Brandon McDonnell. Neither appears to have liked Cormier--especially the "anonymous" character.

The anonymous guy stated that "95-97%" of his teammates had a negative experience with Cormier. First of all, not sure its objective coming from a guy who clearly has an axe to grind. (Plus I think it is safe to say that I had at least one negative experience with my coaches through college--and, coincidentally, I was especially prone to negative experiences when I was riding pine.) As a Columbia poster said about Smith not being liked by his team, I too didn't really like most of my coaches til after I had graduated (a.k.a. when they were no longer yelling at me).

Cormier is tough and blunt (perhaps to a fault), and that doesn't work for everyone all the time.

The other thing that was portrayed as negative about Cormier in this article was that he repeatedly told the team they are not good enough as individuals to win--they can only win with the sum of their parts etc. No offense to my guys in Green, but Cormier was right to say this in my mind. Boudreaux is the only real bonafide star.

Hopefully we hire a new coach soon so we don't miss out on too much recruiting. Really hoping for good news on Sistare.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:58 PM