Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Hufnagel
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
04-20-16 07:51 PM - Post#206402    
    In response to TheLine

I may be missing something in terms of the chronology, but the quote by the President seems to say that Nevada didn't review this additional allegedly exculpatory information until after announcing the hire. That seems like an incredible lack of due diligence to me. To me, that says that Nevada wasn't interested in or concerned about the issue until faculty and students made it a big deal. Regardless of whether they think the information exonerates him, I think the fact they apparently didn't initially track this down and review it shows a larger systemic issue.

I'm not at all surprised that Hufnagel is getting a second chance. I am amazed at how quickly the second chance came, and how it seems to come with the message that there wasn't an issue in the first place. That seems like the wrong message to send regarding somebody whose job is to teach young men.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.22 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:40 PM