Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Preseason Projections - Initial Cut
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
09-23-16 12:42 PM - Post#210785    
    In response to mrjames

I'm curious whether this scenario has ever happened in a conference like the Ivy, though. While the league has gotten much better, it may be that the level of the recruiting class compared to the rest of the league is unprecedented. I know that pomeroy, etc., are taking differences in league into account in rating a Princeton where they are likely to be, so ostensibly Princeton's rank of 50 should be the same as Michigan's rank of 50. But I wonder. Perhaps more importantly, it may be easier for a Harvard to make that leap in a league with only 2 top 100 teams compared to a Florida making that leap in a conference where nearly everyone is top 100.

I really do love the matchup though. Super experienced Princeton team with lots of seniors playing against a super talented, young Harvard team with a bunch of top 100 recruits. You can't ask for a clearer contrast in the debate of experience vs. talent. Perhaps that contrast could be part of what might make the league compelling for an at large. Throw in Makai Mason, who I can't imagine conceding anything to anybody, and a league where I'm hoping there isn't a single team in the bottom 100 in Pomeroy (we didn't quite make it last year, but it was close). Seems like it is shaping up to be a superbly interesting season.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.113 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:23 AM