Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Preseason Projections - Initial Cut
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
10-19-16 01:05 PM - Post#211671    
    In response to mrjames

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas top CBS Sports' 1-351 college basketball rankings by Matt Norlander & Gary Parrish. [Ivy League breakout]

(1) 54. Princeton
The Tigers are fully stocked with a returning group of starters. Henry Caruso is the best player on the team, and if you think I'm overrating Princeton, then be sure to check out just how efficient this group was against the conference last season. No Ivy program has the reliable depth and relative strength 1-7 like Princeton.

(2) 67. Harvard
Some think Harvard's better than Princeton, but I'm not convinced. However, Siyani Chambers is now a senior and back after missing last season to a torn ACL. Zena Edosomwan is a beast down low. Corey Johnson could be a breakout player in the Ivy League. Dangerous team, and if Chambers goes god-mode in conference play, then it gets really interesting.

(3) 105. Yale:
The Bulldogs finally made an NCAA Tournament last season, doing so for the first time since the early 1960s. But Justin Sears, Brandon Sherrod and Jack Montague are gone. Makai Mason is a top-100 player in the game, though. Yale's capable of taking the Ivy auto bid now that the league has (foolishly) gone to a four-team conference playoff format.

(4) 165. Penn
A young team that will play above its talent level thanks to Steve Donahue. The Quakers are two years away from trading blows with Harvard at the top of the conference.

(5) 191. Columbia
The Lions had the personnel last season to steal the Ivy title, but it never truly came together. Jim Engles has built more from less. I'm putting the over/under on Engles finishing top two in the Ivy in the next five seasons at 1.5 -- and taking the over. Right now, it's a question of who steps up to be a go-to guy for Columbia.

(6) 212. Dartmouth
Has anyone ever been higher on an Ivy League program with a new coach than me? Dartmouth brings in David McLaughlin. Gimme the Big Green to improve from 4-10 to 6-8 in the Ivy this season.

(7) 217. Cornell
Bill Courtney could never get as much momentum as I thought he would at Cornell, but he did recruit a stud in Matt Morgan, and the sophomore will make Brian Earl's first season a lot easier than it otherwise would be. Morgan's a ridiculously good player. He'll average north of 20 points this season if Earl runs the offense through him.

(8) 274. Brown
Likely the worst team in the Ivy. A key defensive force, Cedric Kuakumensah, graduated. They do have some experience. On the whole, should be better than last season, but the league overall will be better, too.

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas top CBS Sports' 1-351 college basketball rankings
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.241 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:41 PM