Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: HARTFORD
SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
12-13-16 11:02 PM - Post#215772    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

Welp- I was incorrect. That was tough. Some pretty uninspiring play from the upperclassmen.

Interestingly enough, I was able to take a look at the Hollinger Player efficiency ratings for the ivy league (PER) and out of 67 players available to rating (players averaging above 6 MPG) Dartmouth has only two people inside the top 50. These two are Giulian (#36, 12.35) and Boudreaux (#7, 20.80).

Ike (#54, 8.81), Taylor (#56, 8.53)and Miles (#60, 7.10), presumed starters and upperclassmen, are literally at the bottom of the barrel for all players in terms of PER. Read into that as you will, but I think it might be time to start transitioning some of their minutes.

The one caveat is that PER isn't that great at judging defensive performance, but if you've watched at all this year you know that obviously isn't the case here.

I can diagnose the problem, but I certainly dont have a good solution.

Edited by SomeDartmouthStudent on 12-13-16 11:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.143 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:10 AM