Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Quick Take from Ivy Hoops Online
SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
01-16-17 08:34 AM - Post#218467    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

I don't have access to stats right now since I'm traveling, but from just watching? I think the freshman want it more.

I think Barry and Sistare (off the bench) are the best guard options right now, and I dont see a reason not to start Emery at the 5. It is not like we are going to get less production than what we have.

For my optimal starting 5 perspective with rationals for each (unsupported by stats at this moment):

Barry- Heady PG that has shown to have great passing ability. Seems to take care of the ball pretty well and starting to become more vocal.

Smith- Talented slasher, but not a PG. Would be served better off the ball as he doesnt tend to make great passes. Not optimal for bringing ball up the court, gets pocket picked a decent amount.

Boudreaux- Boudreaux at the 3 is my dream. I feel like it is his natural position and will allow him to get better looks offensively. He shouldnt have be banging up against 6"9, 6"10 kids every game.

Dickinson-Solid defensive presence, improving post moves. I'd argue that he is pretty interchangable with Ike, and Carter. Could be at the 4, or 5 depending on the matchip.

Emery- Big, getting more aggressive. Ability to stretch the floor more than you would imagine. Emery should be starting at the 4 or 5 and I see no reason why not.

and finally, Miles as a supersub. IMO Miles is too inconsistent offensively and defensively (especially defensively) to start.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.658 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:09 AM