Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn Game #1
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-07-17 02:22 PM - Post#220805    
    In response to hoops123

I to think Barry should be starting but I can live with the senior leadership intangibles Fleming brings to the table. Fleming is more vocal and I'm sure McLaughlin values that over the numbers. Barry's minutes aren't what they should be given his ascension.

Fleming is playing like it's his last rodeo, and that is a good thing for this team. That's what you want from your senior...that and production. As long as he plays within his skills I can forgive him starting over Barry. At least Barry and Sistare are getting meaningful minutes that won't leave us in such a lurch next year.

What are they going to do at the 5 spot is what I'm wondering. We haven't really played anyone outside of Ike and Wes for any meaningful minutes at that position. Maybe we have an incoming freshman???

With this win versus Penn we still have a chance, if ever so small, to make the tourney. So, I doubt we'll see any changes to the line ups starting or otherwise, now that he's got 1 win in league. So I wouldn't count on Barry getting any starts this year until we have no shot at the post season, and even then I just don't see Mclaughlin starting a freshman.

If I'm reading my tea leaves correctly here's whats going on. Mclaughlin is trying to smooth over the ruffled feathers of the seniors who didn't get love under Cormier. He needs to develop the Ivy relationships for his future players. How better to do that than create goodwill with his outgoing seniors? If what [SomeDartmouthStudent] says is true and some of the seniors seem disengaged then that's disappointing. You should play the guys who are hungry, working hard, and should have a future with the team. C'est la vie.

Good read on Harvard's approach:

Being a highly rated senior doesn't guarantee you PT.

On another note we are not on the total shame list anymore. With our win over Penn, Penn is now on the list, while Princeton has a chance to not lose a game:

Which six teams without a conference loss will run the table in their league? Which teams could go winless in league.

"...no excuses - only results!”

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 02-07-17 02:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.16 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:48 AM