Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
02-09-17 06:01 PM - Post#221150    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

Should also mention that if Villanova and UConn could agree to this:

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/02/26/sports/col lege-b...

There's no reason why Princeton should get in anyone's way to honor Wielgus.

Well, far be it from me to overestimate Banghart's kindness , and the Twitter thing is interesting, but I don't know if it's dispositive. The UConn thing is a different situation, in that it was for a player, not a program, one of the Nova players got helped by it too, and it was a late-season game that probably didn't mean much to either team. Further, that was before Connecticut was the colossus they are now; I'm not sure people would do them a favor like this anymore. I suspect it's pretty unusual to have a coach who played for one team in a conference and is now overseeing another one, (though it certainly has happened), so again, I can see why one would want to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest. OK, that's my charitable thinking for the day, I'm done now.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.514 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:55 PM