Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-11-17 01:34 PM - Post#221360    
    In response to TigerFan

While I love this team and the way they play, I have to keep reminding myself that only two of our wins thus far have been easy (Brown and Penn #2) and the latter because we had an unusually hot night from three. I don't think that we can expect any of the next seven to be gimmes

And then there is the idiotic tourney giving new life to the losers. Why should any team with a losing record in conference be allowed in the Tourney? If #4 is, say, 6-8, then let the tourney be comprised of only the first three teams with #2 and #3 in a playoff to face #1. Better reward for regular champ and possibly greater chance for second bid. And, no unworthy team getting an unmerited shot at the Dance. Conversely, if the League is so well balanced, the Tourney could include all teams with winning (not break even) records. The bar to entry should be at least that high.

Edited by Tiger69 on 02-11-17 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.264 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:25 AM