1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
02-12-17 11:57 AM - Post#221500    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

• Columbia 37P6 Said:
Great second half comeback! After looking awful in the first half, we completely outplayed Princeton in the second half. Coach Engles found the right combination of players to dominate Princeton, but just a bit too late. In Columbia's case, that combination was a single big in the middle (Petrasek, Voss & Coby) and four players outside (Smith, Hickman, Adlesh and Hunter). Killingsworth and Voss also contributed. Meisner was on the bench, but not in uniform. Tape didn't play either. Columbia just missed taking Princeton down tonight, and Princeton's squeaked by due to some smart non-shooting fouls at the very end of the game. Still, if we remember to play a four guard offens next time around, we should be able to defeat Princeton.

Thanks for the analysis from your end; I was at the game, but I don't know your personnel well enough to understand what you did in the second half. We were able to handle Petrasek with Myles Stephens, who is smaller but very very athletic. On offense we used Stephens in the post, and he could get by Petrasek and Voss, but not Coby. Your guards shot the ball well when open. I thought it was over toward the end when Bell hit his jumper, but Petrasek came right back with a long 3. We then tried to run the same isolation with Bell, but you doubled him when the shot clock went under 10. Nice adjustment. We were very lucky to some away with a W.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.185 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:28 PM