Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
02-15-17 10:17 AM - Post#221887    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I agree with you that the benchmark is around 50 and it is very difficult for a mid-major, particularly an Ivy League team to hit this threshold. A-10, a very good league, probably gets two bids this year. Princeton recently played 5 games over 14 days, 3 games on the road, won all five and regressed several spots on Kenpom. Why, the RPI rankings of the Ivy League teams based on their non-conference scheduling and performance. I was a big fan of Henderson taking the Tigers on a magical mystery tour all of the country to chase a top 50 ranking rather than leave it up to the two day randomness of an IL Tournament.

Sears and Sherrod deserved to go to the NCAA tournament last year. The Tigers had an opportunity to play Yale in a playoff game but they lost a two point game to Harvard. They had beaten Yale, albeit at home, earlier in the year and the Tigers may have beaten Yale if there was an IL tournament. That would not mean that the Tigers would have earned the trip from my perspective.

Bottom line for me, is that I have no interest in watching the IL Tournament. If the winner of the IL Tournament is the regular season champ or co-champ, I will certainly root them on at the Big Dance. Does not matter in a given year if it is Princeton, Penn or Dartmouth. The arguments made by the 2nd bid opponents seem to drift around for convenience sake.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.152 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:36 AM