Username Post: Yale, etc
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-18-17 08:23 AM - Post#222256    
    In response to bradley

I agree, the Yale announcers were very good (although the guy on the right looked like he should be carded ...).

And you are right about Princeton's defense, which never has been better. A great combination of athletic talent and tenacity, they anticipate switches, double the post quickly and deflect and disrupt many shots and passes. Last year we were concerned about the sporadic defensive efforts and I believe Brian Earl mainly focused on this when he was on the coaching staff, I wonder who has elevated the team's play this year?

SRP - I also liked Miller's play last night, but I admit I am a fan of his game. He plays solid positional defense, rebounds well and offensive possessions always seem to flow better when he is on the court.

Without Brase and Caruso the rotation is still short with the starters + Bell getting 90% of the minutes and only five players scoring last night before Brennan's garbage time bucket. Last night's game seemed like a bit of a throwback to the Carril era when stingy D, deliberate O and a short bench was often the formula for success. I hope they have enough gas tonight in Providence against a Brown team that got pasted by Penn.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.218 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:43 PM