Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Title/Tourney Odds
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
02-20-17 02:38 PM - Post#222675    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Traditionally the biggest opponents of a tournament have been Penn's fan base.

The Palestra is the only logical place for the tournament. The only other arena big enough to hold it is Jadwin but it's a weird layout.

I don't think there is a good off-site arena to have it either. Mike has offered the arena in Bridgeport as an alternative. Is anyone enthused about being stuck in Bridgeport for two days?

Other conferences hold their tournaments in the same place every year. Big East has had its tournament at MSG since forever even though it's a home court for St. John's.

Even though the Palestra is a no-brainer - it's historic, the best for TV, big enough, plenty of hotels nearby - I doubt the tournament will be there permanently because it's not Harvard's arena. Or even Yale's or Princeton's. And we all understand the league's politics. All colleges are equal, just some are more equal than others.

I wouldn't mind the league doing its best to ensure Penn doesn't have a home court advantage when it does make the tournament. Bend over backwards to provide fair access to tickets to all teams. We all have alumni who travel to games. I've been to games at Levien when it felt that there were as many Cornell fans as Columbia fans and it didn't feel like much of a home game.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:19 PM