Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lions Trail Penn 35-37 at Halftime
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-26-17 01:19 AM - Post#223694    
    In response to penn nation

Nothing to do with my confidence in the Tigers. Do you understand the meaning of "outside chance"? But, I think I see what you mean since I erroneously thought, as I posted, that Harvard played Penn Friday, when they can't yet be eliminated, rather than Saturday. My point, in that scenario, was that they would still have plenty of motivation at game time,

But, since they MAY be eliminated when they play Penn Saturday, you have a point. Of course, if they upset Princeton Friday, they will still be in the race and even more motivated to beat Penn.

Bottom line: harvard is a tough team that is young and getting better. Neither P can afford to take them for granted. It doesn't bother me a bit to say that they will be tough in the Tourney no matter who plays against them. After Princeton's exceptional season to date with seniors who have never before won an Ivy title or played in the NCAA you should at least be able to understand, even if you don't sympathize, why Princeton fans get irked at the extra hurdles thrown at our team in order to get the NCAA bid. I think this team can do it. But, they shouldn't have to. And, if the tables were turned and Penn were in our position with a tourney played in Jadwin, I would be able to hear your whining all the way down here on the sea of Cortez.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:03 AM