Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: YALE GAME #2
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-26-17 01:25 AM - Post#223696    
    In response to EasyGreen1

I think you hit it on the head "STUBBORN" trying to do things his way without really adapting to the players he had. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing in the seasons to come.

The record clearly tells us everything we need to know. There are no moral victories and whatever incremental improvement the coaching staff see is not going to be enough to take Dartmouth from the bottom of the Ivy to the tournament. I feel like our school's basketball program is doomed to mediocrity and not because we lacked talent. Look when you look back at our W's they were just barely wins, rarely more than single digits. We don't play to win we play not to lose. And you don't win many games when you play not to lose.

Look I get that coaching is hard business and that there are going to be winners and losers in the game of basketball. So it really becomes about all the other things that go into winning and losing. There is no system in the world that can make mediocre players great, but you can have a system that makes great players mediocre. Trying to turn Johnson into a point guard was pointless. I can't give him any credit for fixing that mistake. I my opinion that's the kind of mistake a D-I head coach can't make. That's poor talent recognition. We fans could see it after the first games. I saw Barry play only for a few minutes in the first couple of games an knew he was a baller and I'm not Jerry West. I saw Cam play just a few minutes and knew he could play...that was last year!!! I'm sure Cormier didn't take all the game film with him when he got the boot! SMH.

But it is what it is. I don't expect any major changes in the final two games. I also don't expect any different results. I understand that if you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Here's an example. Barry shoots it at a league high .435 clip, he only takes about two 3's a game. That's two fewer than both Evan and Miles. Why isn't he shooting the ball more from deep. Because we're not running plays for him to shoot the ball. Your best 3 point shooter should not have that few attempts per game. Not in this era. That's not winning coaching.

"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.262 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:52 AM