Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-27-17 02:36 PM - Post#223878    
    In response to mrjames

Hi guys:
Monday morning and way too much coffee so here goes (and I admit this is a biased Dartmouth Fan's plug for Boudreaux for 1st Team All Ivy and POY). I felt I had to speak up after reading Mike Tony's write up this morning (fantastic piece Mike!) and I have a response to this quote from his piece:

"It’s disappointing that double-double-dependable Evan Boudreaux is getting lost in the All-Ivy first-team conversation, one that is focusing on Princeton’s also very deserving standouts. Boudreaux ranks second in the league in scoring, first in rebounding and second in minutes played, and yet I feel like Ivy onlookers take him too easily for granted."

Boudreaux is HANDS DOWN a 1st Team All Ivy Pick. My opinion. So in posts from this earlier thread on POY, you guys have pretty much answered my questions. According to the responses, Boudreaux can't/won't win Player of the Year (despite having far better points per game and rebounds (especially in Ivy play) than any other players discussed) because he is on a team that doesn't win. So because Boudreaux didn't win the teammate lottery, he won't win POY according to the armchair pundits despite blowing away the league (non-conference and conference)in rebounds and currently in second place in the league in scoring non-conference(by .2 pts) and leading the league in conference scoring. NO IVY TEAM has been able to shut Boudreaux down all season. He is averaging nearly a double double in conference play. In my mind, he's the best player in the league in scoring and rebounding. So the POY criteria isn't an MVP award, correct? It's a subjective best player on a winning team (whose coach recruited better than our fired coach) award that is oriented towards upper classman? So hypothetically, and I'm NOT comparing Lebron James to Boudreaux, if sophomore Lebron James played for Dartmouth (and they came in 8th place) and he won the scoring and rebounding title for the Ivy League, the powers that be would still award POY to an "athlete" on a winning team that doesn't compare to James and one that didn't get the numbers James got. This makes no sense to me, unless the award isn't an MVP award. Effectively, posters are saying individual stats aren't the main criteria in voting for POY and First Team All Ivy, winning games is, and the players that help their teams win get POY and First Team All Ivy and the top stats leaders aren't in the running. I think Boudreaux has to be considered one of the best players in the league this year, certainly the best in scoring and rebounding. If he wasn't, other teams would be able to stop him and he wouldn't have 14 double/doubles this season (8 in Ivy Play) and he wouldn't have scored in double figures in every Ivy Game and 24 of 25 regular season games. And for those that default saying Boudreaux gets these numbers because hes the only player on Dartmouth's team that's any good, then why didn't YOUR coach and other coaches figure out a way to stop him? They can't because he's the best player in the league (my opinion). I concede his %'s aren't as good as they were last year, but most every game he's been double/triple teamed and he's playing 33+ minutes per game. And for those with short memories, he averaged a double double in league play last year as a Freshman. I don't see any freshmen doing that this year. I maintain that Boudreaux has EARNED POY consideration (yes even though he is a sophomore (which is another seemingly ridiculous criteria: let's give it to an upper classman), and in my mind, he is the best player in the league and should be First Team All Ivy and I think he is the Player Of Year!
Signed,
Biased Dartmouth Fan
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.706 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:42 PM