Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-27-17 09:45 PM - Post#223947    
    In response to hoops123

It's more complicated than just who has the counting stats though. Boudreaux may not have won the teammate lottery. But suppose he did. Is he top two (or even top five) in either category if he is playing for Princeton? His efficiency would hopefully be up in that scenario, but he'd also be playing in an offense that evenly distributes the ball among four (and at times, five) options. My guess is that he wouldn't be their leading scorer this year.

Similarly, Steven Cook (or Weisz, or even Stephens or Cannady) would probably all be Dartmouth's focal point on offense if you trade them for Boudreaux, and they'd have a lot more counting stats.

So I think the flaw in your argument is the assumption that Boudreaux's counting stats tell you everything. They don't. Of course, the argument goes the other way too -- we don't know what really happens if the roles reverse. But my theory is that, if Boudreaux is really the best player in the league overall, then Dartmouth wouldn't have the record they have. So that's why I default to the top players on the best teams.

Of course, Dartmouth is still alive with a sweep, so maybe Boudreaux lifts his team to the top four anyway.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.172 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:48 PM