Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
03-01-17 03:20 PM - Post#224144    
    In response to Go Green

So to your point Go Green, since no one has apparently led the league in both scoring and rebounding since the 60's or early 70's, if Boudreaux were to accomplish this rare and somewhat amazing feat (we'll know after this weekend), the powers that be apparently will not elect Boudreaux POY because his team did not perform well enough? I think that is a travesty if the leader of a league in points, rebounds, and double doubles does not get POY. if this happens, it makes the Ivy POY a subjective, obviously not stats based award counter to every other D1 league in College Basketball (every POY for every Division 1 program that I can find is stats based). It appears to be a popularity contest for "best" player on a winning team, not actually the league's top player. It's absolutely not his fault his team isn't winning. He's the most consistent high level player in the Ivy League. My two cents.
Signed,
Biased Dartmouth Fan (hey, at least we can root for Boudreaux to get POY)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.468 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:45 PM