Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-01-17 07:24 PM - Post#224192    
    In response to hoops123

What makes you think POY is stats based in other conferences? My other alma mater is in the Big Ten. The Big Ten POY has never come from a team with a losing conference record. In fact, there have only been a handful of instances where the winner wasn't on a team that finished top two. Just two years ago, a kid on a losing team led the conference in scoring. He didn't make first team. One other player averaged over 18 on a losing team and didn't even make 2nd team. This isn't just the Ivy -- this is every conference.

As for nobody stopping Boudreaux, the name of the game is winning. If I win 65-55, it doesn't matter to me if the opponent's leading scorer had 14 or 35. We stopped him enough.

A final point on this -- the efficiency numbers are actually such that, if everyone on a team plays at Boudreaux's efficiency level, the team will lose more often than not. There are 4 other guys on the team who are more efficient. There is an argument that, to win games, Boudreaux actually should be giving the ball up rather than fighting double teams on his way to an inefficient 18 and 10.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.108 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:23 AM