Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
Frodo 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 01-27-16
03-02-17 06:03 PM - Post#224336    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

Agree - little late to Chime in but...

I have read some interesting things in this thread. As far as POY or first team who knows. Hard to win POY on last place team. its a beauty contest. That being said, I know about Evan from AAU and Chicago days. Only reason I read Ivy League material. Saw this thread and shook my head. So...

For folks who speculate Boudreaux wouldn't put up numbers like this on a better team I have to disagree. He would, and be more efficient. I look back to his AAU team loaded with D1 players. He was playing a year up, lead them in scoring and rebounding and they won the National championship on ESPN. Point guard was Jevon Carter (WVU) forward Simmie Cobb (Indiana WR but D1 hoop prospect) can't remember all the names but 5 or 6 D1 player and Evan still dominated. Won MVP of NY2LA National tournament, again leading scorer and rebounder on a team that won that national tournament. Last year when he was unknown entering the Ivy his efficiency numbers were much better. Honestly, with better players around him he would score more easily as teams couldn't double and triple team him. No one in the ivy league has stopped him one on one for two years now (and save the team sport argument).
Rebounding - folks can speculate on who is better but that's all it is...speculation. When Boudreaux has faced Zena his numbers are still good. Boudreaux is averaging almost 10 a game this year in all play. Boudreaux's all around game is good enough that he stays on the floor and produces at a rate of almost 3 boards a game better than anyone else while getting the focus of attention from other teams. Zena doesn't, period.
Bottom line, Boudreaux would start and produce on any Ivy team at a high level. He would also produce on the bigger schools that recruited him (Iowa, I St, G tech, Butler, BC, etc).

Bottom line, there are not 5 better all around players in the Ivy league. Certainly none who produce night in and night out like Boudreaux.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.204 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:12 AM