Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: IL Tourney future
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
03-03-17 03:56 PM - Post#224453    
    In response to yoyo

I'm guessing if this tournament is a success - and I think it will be - then the powers that be will either move it to a permanent 'neutral' site (bad idea) or rotate it (OK if the sites are acceptable, would like the Palestra to continue to be in the mix). I think the season has already been a success. I had been totally opposed to a tournament but it has made the games more intense and fun to watch.

The ideas floated by the Princeton coaches are bad. You can't have a tournament in a 2,000 seat arena - it would be worse than those one game play-ins Penn and Princeton used to play at Stabler. Having the top seed play one fewer game is awful - but why stop there? Maybe the top seed can shoot at a 9 foot hoop and their opponent shoot at a 12 foot hoop? If you want the top seed to win so badly then don't have a tournament.

PS - I had a rotary phone until not too long ago when my wife made me throw it out. I am always up for a game of bridge, whist or pinochle.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.529 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:24 AM