Username Post: Current Status: All-Ivy, ROY, POY
Jake Wilson 
Freshman

Loc: United States
Reg: 03-05-05
03-08-17 10:49 AM - Post#225552    
    In response to Mike Porter

• Mike Porter Said:
Haha, great to see you back on the board again Jake!

What was your favorite ride?

Radiator Springs Racers.

It was keep doing this or stay married and have a family. I was burned out, disillusioned by college athletics in general, and upset by a few things in Ivy hoops specifically. So I walked away.

And I really didn't watch any Ivy hoops save a few NCAA Tournament games for about six years, as I increasingly got into European soccer. Then my parents moved to the East Side of Providence and got Brown season tickets, and I joined them for some games. Between that and not being able to look away from the car crash that was the end of the Jerome Allen Era at Penn, Ivy basketball crept back into my consciousness.

It was an alien landscape from the league I had last followed in 2008. Ivy teams won regularly in the NCAA Tournament. Recruiting was up dramatically across the league. The sport seemed to be real priority at all eight schools. It was basically what I dreamed of back in the day -- except for the Ivy tourney, of course.

This season I checked in nearly daily with the league from the beginning of the season through the start of the league. I subscribed to the ILDN. (I would have killed to have something like that 15 years ago...) I took a friend up on an offer of a spare ticket to Princeton-Harvard at Lavietes and really enjoyed it.

This has been a fun season. From Princeton emerging as a 14-0 champion in a hyper-competitive league, to a freshman-laden Harvard team improving over the course of the season (and freshmen leading the way at Yale, Penn, and Columbia, too), to the wild battle for the final Ivy tourney spot, I got sucked back in to some extent. I'm not about to start writing daily analytical pieces about the league again, but it has my attention.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:27 PM