Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn again
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-09-17 11:32 AM - Post#225871    
    In response to SRP

The motto "Be careful what you wish for" is something to consider regarding the IL Tournament. I remember prior to Saturday night's game how the Dartmouth faithful were hoping for an upset win over Princeton with Penn and Columbia losing in order to give them the "opportunity" to participate at the NCAA Tournament. Their excitement was understandable especially in light of their amazing road win at Penn the night before and their long drought as to playing at the Big Dance.

When Dartmouth was down 41 pts with 15 minutes to go against a very good but not dominant Tiger team, I was thinking what it would have been like for them to play Kentucky, Gonzaga or North Carolina in round one and what would be the story line after the game regarding the IL.

The notion that it really does not make that much of a difference as to which one of the 4 IL teams getting an automatic bid is at best wishful thinking. It may be true in a given year but over time, the math simply does not add up. After a conversation last Saturday after the game, I believe more than ever that the primary reason for the IL Tournament is $$$.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.259 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:11 AM