Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Looking ahead
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-09-17 10:21 PM - Post#225989    
    In response to Columbia Alum

Well, for Penn I wouldn't call the season a disappointment. We improved over the prior year by more than I thought possible. Obviously there's always room for improvement and things that could have gone better -- while the improvement overall was more than seemed possible, the Ivy performance didn't fully reflect the overall performance. So that was disappointing in the micro sense, but overall I don't see much room for disappointment.

For Columbia, it is a little more complicated. You guys lost so many minutes from the prior year. To me, it is very hard to say whether or not the team underachieved (I recognize that the vocal Columbia contingent on here is always optimistic, which can then lead to disappointment). As an outside observer, this was a season where there was so much uncertainty for where Columbia would be that I was more curious to find out than anything else. So I'd call it a fine first season for Engles. The development of Smith is a big positive for the future of the program. I'm hard pressed to call the season a disappointment with that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.735 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:49 AM