Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
03-12-17 01:02 PM - Post#226510    
    In response to Silver Maple

While I hope for the best, I also worry about how well Woods will be able to play after (essentially) two years of not playing against this level of competition. I think that this may be most evident early in the season as rust is a normal consequence of such a layoff. While I am hopeful for Jelani Williams as well, depending on the exact nature of his injury, it's often more than a year before an athlete can come back from an ACL tear and perform at his pre-injury level. With that said, I am hopeful that by the Ivy season, both of those guys can play at a high level because there are some REALLY GOOD point guards in the Ivies now (Aiken, Oni, Smith among them).

OTOH, I am greatly encouraged by the progress I saw this year - in the level of player we have and are going after, the heart of these guys and the recognition of how good defense propels an offense. Just SAD that I have to wait 8 months to see this team in action again.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:27 AM