Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
03-14-17 10:50 AM - Post#226918    
    In response to SteveDanley

All true, but you saw yourself with Ibby the huge difference a PG with Division 1 (not just Ivy) quickness makes. I always thought that Miller would have been much more successful had David Whitehurst remained in school rather than having to go with freshmen the year after you graduated. But almost all successful Penn teams have had a PG who was a superior athlete. There's no better example of that than the 2000-01 team that lost Jordan and Langel and despite still having Ugonna and Koko, Owens, Chubb and Schiffner, went 12-17 because a guard combo that I would compare with guys like we were playing before bringing Goodman up to first team (Copp, Klatsky and Plummer)couldn't match up with opponents. Copp was also very favorably heralded as a recruit. So I am not at all knocking Silpe's skills with the ball, but if he were viewed as having the speed and defensive quickness to match up with our opponents, he would be playing.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.157 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:19 PM