Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
SteveDanley 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-25-12
03-14-17 11:04 AM - Post#226924    
    In response to palestra38

I like Goodman. Love that he pushes the ball -- giving us a chance at some easy baskets. Clearly a quick athlete.

Point wasn't so much to contrast the two (coaches have to make decisions, and you can see positives from Goodman).

Instead, it was to argue that these decisions rarely come down to one player being a starting guard, and one player not being good enough. Situation, coaching decisions, players development curves, lots of things go into it, and lots of players never meet their potential -- it's the nature of college hoops. Still good players.

It's why I have mixed feelings about our rotation this year -- on one hand, we gave a lot of guys a chance to prove they are head-and-shoulders above their teammates (most weren't). On the other hand, the inconsistent rotations make me wonder if we put flawed-but-potentially-us eful players in good situations to succeed. Not sure.

That's why being a coach is so hard.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.214 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:54 PM