Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruits' Post Season
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-15-17 02:07 PM - Post#227121    
    In response to QHoops

Ha - it's hard to remember everything but I'd say that the names I was hearing most were a lot of the names that ended up being the most productive players.

Underbuzzed:
Miye Oni - Name was skyrocketing during his post-grad year, but I'd argue that given his and Bruner's production, based on the preseason buzz, you'd have expected the two outputs to be flipped.

Justin Bassey - Aiken, Towns and Lewis were seen as "play right away guys" and Baker was appropriately projected as a longer-term play. Bassey was one that I didn't expect to see starters' minutes.

Ryan Betley - Obviously, AJ got a ton of hype, and I had heard that other Penn frosh would see a good amount of time. Betley's production level was far ahead of that.

Josh Howard - Had heard good things about BA, and he was good as a frosh, but Josh Howard was pretty stellar from out of nowhere.

Josh Warren - Way off my radar. A pattern exists there though - I've got a blind spot with Cornell.

Overbuzzed:
Hard to say who fits here. The Princeton kids were expected to be very good, but they weren't stealing PT from the guys ahead of them, so the jury is out there.

Might have expected more from Williams at Yale and Erebor at Brown given the needs in the post.

Otherwise, I think last year went pretty true to form.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.4 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:36 PM