Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
03-16-17 10:39 PM - Post#227422    
    In response to Jeff2sf

You guys missed my point. Max is not AJ I realize. But he is also much more than a "serviceable Ivy Big", though if you watched how they used him most of the year I understand how you would think that. He played between 8-18 minutes depending largely on foul trouble for AJ and Matt H. From what I saw of Max last year and in halves this year he is a guy with ability to play in the league. He is different than AJ but if you compare the two he scores with both hands (AJ has no left hand), he is a good ball handler, He scores off the bounce much more than AJ. So he can score and get you a double double if given the minutes. That's not speculation, he has actually done it against good players.

This year he had a couple games where AJ got in foul trouble and he would come in, play 10 first half minutes and get 6 pts and 5 rebounds and then wouldn't play in the second half. That's not because he isn't skilled or is just "serviceable". Its because Donahue doesn't play two bigs and I don't believe that is going to change.

You can argue that SD doesn't play two bigs because of talent but that's where I would strongly disagree based on what we have seen. He has a guy in Max that has merited being on the floor more than he is and he hasn't done it. He also went away from it at the end of his Cornell run and made the sweet 16 with only 1 big on the floor. So I have my doubts about Simmons or any other big we get over the next 3 years.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.302 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:32 PM