Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tip off
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-17-17 01:43 PM - Post#227473    
    In response to SecS3

Been searching for the right word to express my emotions but disappointment is not one of them. I thought that the Tigers had a legitimate opportunity to reach the round of 16. They had more than a boxer's chance based on experience, skill set, athleticism and coaching. For the Tigers and the IL, getting back to the sweet 16 is the next step on the progression chain. Yale was obviously close last year.

The performance of IL teams at the Big Dance is the most important step to further enhance the reputation of the league followed by non-conference performance. The IL Tournament is probably 3rd on the food chain. ND and ACC fans had a sinking feeling in their hearts with 6 seconds to go yesterday.

As to the opening tip, I thought that the call by Henderson to go aggressive was right on. I cannot believe that ND did not pick the play in their scouting as the Tigers used it several times successfully in non-league play. You are right that Cook should have completed a thunderous dunk to send a message.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.306 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:46 AM