Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruiting and Ratings
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-19-17 08:26 PM - Post#227756    
    In response to Old Bear

Individually there may be plenty of examples of 2 stars who outperform 3 stars, etc. but I think the evidence is clear that the more 3 star recruits you have, the more likely you are to win games at the Ivy level. So I think it matters, and matters a lot.

In general, the 3 star guys will have been recruited by teams outside the Ivy/Patriot. The 2 star guys tend to be more Ivy level recruits, where an Ivy/Patriot is more likely to be there highest level basketball offer.

I also think that we end up not comparing apples to apples sometimes when we talk about stats or even all-Ivy. Every Basketball team Is going to have a leading scorer, etc., and sometimes guys on the weakest teams accumulate the most impressive stats. That doesn't mean they are the best players. So you may have 2 star recruits putting up all conference numbers on a 6th place team. That doesn't mean they actually are better than a 3 star guy scoring 8ppg on a first place Ivy team.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.322 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:17 PM