Username Post: West Virginia Game
KenZ 
Postdoc
KenZ
Reg: 01-23-06
03-23-17 01:59 PM - Post#227993    
    In response to atlantabison

• atlantabison Said:
Also note that he is not really winning with "his system" as he adjusted to play man-to-man because that better fit his personnel. I believe if he had his personal preference we would have played a lot more of the match-up. Yet he was willing to adjust to the people he had and do what fit them best.

not sure quite how i would look at this. how much do you really look at skill sets you recruit to fit defensive scheme rather than your preferred offensive scheme?

in any case, i think it is interesting to observe that a significant aspect of our ability to perform better this year in man to man was in fact the players Davis recruited. Toomer and Moore gave us much greater capability to cover the quicker wing players which we struggled to defend in prior years. (no intent here to diminish the importance of the defense of anyone else, particularly Brown and Foulland who are all league defensive players).
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.223 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:12 PM