Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-25-17 03:38 PM - Post#228119    
    In response to MrPhillie

• MrPhillie Said:
All battling for runner up...can't see anyone defeating UConn

My family and I follow UConn very closely, and I think there is some chance of them losing. They did have very close games this year with Florida State, Tulane, and Maryland, plus fairly close games with ND, South Carolina, and Baylor. If a few things go wrong, they could lose to one of those teams. Unlike the last few years - when they definitely were unbeatable - they have some issues this year:

- They only have, at most, two viable subs, meaning that foul trouble can be an issue. Also injuries.

- Their starting center is 6-1 and their starting PF is 5-11. Both are very good and very athletic, but they do give up a ton of height to the strong teams that start 6-5 and 6-4 players.

- They only have one senior, and she is not one of their key players.

- They don't start a true PG, and the only one on the roster is a freshman.

Having said that, they do have the best coach. Also they only have players who care only about winning. They do not recruit players who care about their stats or minutes.

Next year, if they stay healthy, they should be unbeatable. They return their top four players, plus their two subs. Also they add two transfers, one of whom is a 6-6 wing who was an All-American at Duke as a soph. The other started at PF for Kentucky as a freshman. They also add the nation's best HS player, who has been compared to Maya Moore. Also add a few other good HS players.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.307 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:26 PM