Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 Ivy Tournament Back At The Palestra
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
05-12-17 11:41 AM - Post#229264    
    In response to Go Green

The lack of learning from what happened last year is concerning to me.

If Penn doesn't finish Top 4, I think we see "finals" numbers, or less, for both days this season. So, what they're really doing here is saying, if Penn can finish top 4, we can get big crowds at The Palestra - ramifications on our tourney win odds be damned.

That's a pretty ridiculous abdication of the responsibility that comes along with administering a league event.

It was worth experimenting with this format, but now that we see what the league's priorities are and have more information on the current college basketball landscape vis a vis the NCAA Tournament, I'm no longer on board. As I presumed from the start, the much, much, much better thing for the league would have been to keep the game AND go every year MTE rather than mishandle a tourney and put it in a format that is more likely to have real costs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.413 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:47 AM