Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Levien Gym is now slightly less dispiriting
The Lion King 
Senior

Reg: 11-21-04
11-21-04 05:06 PM - Post#23    

Good things about the new, improved Levien:

1. The bleachers have handrails in the aisles. This may discourage people from sitting in the aisles, though I wouldn't count on it.
2. The seats are light blue.
3. The aisle between the bottom of the bleachers and the scorer's table/benches is about a foot wider, and believe it or not, that makes a big difference. Now if we can only get people to stop gathering there in groups while waiting for their friends or debating where to go for dinner . . .
4. The new bleachers are nearly continuous, which is to say that there are almost no gaps underneath the seats, so you really can't drop something to the floor below unless you're trying.
5. There are a couple hundred chair-type seats, not that I'll ever be able to afford the $20 for one.

Bad things about the new, improved Levien:

1. They still blast loud music at every stoppage in play. Can't they even let a 30-second timeout pass in silence? Does it really lift anyone's spirits to hear 30 seconds of "Brown-Eyed Girl" or "Rock & Roll Part 2" for the third time that game?
2. Half of the already tiny lobby is still blocked off with partitions to enforce the apartheid scheme whereby students are put on one side of the gym and grown-ups on the other. This separation is so pointless and arbitrary that it makes me suspect Jake Wilson is running Columbia athletics.
3. The ultra-annoying strobe lights are still flashing.
4. They no longer have free programs. At first I thought there were no programs at all, and then during the second game I discovered that they were selling a yearbook with an 11x17 poster inserted that had rosters on the back. Although the poster is huge and unwieldy (folding it in half is recommended), the type on the rosters is so small that I had to take off my glasses and hold it two inches from my face to read it. If they make us buy the same yearbook every game, or charge us $3 for a poster, I will seriously consider giving up on Columbia basketball.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.348 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:51 AM