Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Your all time Brown 5
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
07-16-17 01:02 PM - Post#230945    
    In response to JBears

Sullivan was a great Bear, but he never made a single All-Ivy team. (Although his brother Matt did). I can't quite get there as an all timer.

I consider Nu a 4 or 5. He was great. But is behind Berman, Brown and Turner for me.

Of all of these guys, only Turner was a legitimate center. He was 6'10, true back to the basket presence, albeit really for one spectacular year. Brown for me has to be a 4 - dude was 6'5 at best.

But I tend to agree that the 70s seemed like a great time to be a Brown hoops fan. There's a soundless video somewhere on a Harvard website of the 73-74 season with Brown playing at Harvard (and squeaking out a win), and it's the only real footage I know of that shows what that team was like. Those guys looked like they could play with a lot of teams. And Speedy Morris was no joke.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:03 PM