Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Back to next season
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
08-08-17 12:07 AM - Post#231677    
    In response to UPIA1968

Thanks for this. Good to get some thinking going about next year. Personally, I'm higher on Princeton and lower on Dartmouth than you are.

I think Princeton has a formidable 1-2-3 with Stephens, Cannady, and Bell, and the right structure to have big contributions from a very good freshman class. Obviously they lose a lot of depth without Weisz and Cook, but i think in some ways that will just help Stephens and Cannady to really step forward.

On Dartmouth, yes, they don't lose much in the way of possessions, but they were a pretty lousy statistical team last year. I think they need talent more than they can improve with the same players. So I don't see anything more than incremental improvement there. A team like Cornell loses more minutes, but they also shed their sub 100 ORAT guys who were eating lots of possessions. So I could see Cornell improving more than Dartmouth. Regardless, for now the gulf is widening between the haves and have nots in the league.

On the recruiting class, personally I think it is very good. Nothing like Harvard's class for the ages last year, but good nonetheless. I think you missed Columbia's Faulds in your count of 3 star guys. There is some debate between mrjames and the Columbia folks as to whether he is really the best recruit in the league (or even for Columbia), but he shouldn't be ignored.

Finally, I'm bullish on the Quakers, FWIW. I'm high on Brodeur and Betley, and i think one more strong player could make the whole thing gel. Hoping one of the freshmen can be that guy.

If I had to rank the league today:

Yale
Harvard
Princeton
Penn
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Brown
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.168 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:52 AM