Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Back to next season
91Quake 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
08-09-17 09:01 PM - Post#231751    
    In response to Penndemonium

I'm going to agree with SRP and disagree with Mr. James here. Not that Penn will be a top 100 team but that they are as far behind as you posit. I think the right way to look at this squad is through the prism of the last 8 or so games which coincided with Betley and Goodman getting much more time and the team turning it around. I don't know if anyone has run the advanced stats on that segment of games, but I believe that those will prove to have greater predictive power than looking at the whole season.

And in basketball depth is great but only gets you so far. Dunphy won (and still does) with an iron eight and sometimes fewer. One All Ivy type recruit and one very good role player will make you competitive in any league.

The only way Betley makes All Ivy is likely if Penn is not very good and he needs to take a ton of the load as no other players are demanding the ball. If Simmons, Scott, etc. are good additions his All Ivy chances probably go down.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.234 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:52 AM