Username Post: Bison Recruits 2018
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
09-06-17 05:20 PM - Post#232680    
    In response to Bison89

This is the only video I saw

http://verbalcommits.com/players/chimezie-offu rum

and I agree he shows a really varied combination of skills combined with physical gifts. His type of game would compliment Bucknell's existing and entering personnel really well. Coming from a school like Georgetown Prep implies he already has his head on straight. It's quite a different mix of potential schools if the info above is correct. Bucknell sticks out like a sore thumb (private,small-town,perso nal,highly prestigious and growing more so under Bravman's leadership)vs 3 A10's and one C-USA. Throw ODU out cause I can't believe he'd play in that conference (it's a mess)and it's a commuter school. So that leaves two State schools and GW which I believe, and I could be wrong as I don't know much about the school...would have a large commuter element as well. So when you group them together they all constitute to some degree the antithesis of Bucknell (larger, impersonal, city, private/state, less cache and less of a resume virtue post-graduation). This is what makes recruiting so tough. Throwing out the obvious bias of wanting him to attend BU, with age and experience regardless of the affiliation it appears straightforward. But you can't live someone's life for him and you can't transplant that knowledge and experience to him. As an intelligent kid he sees things we may miss or we may prioritize differently. Hell, from a basketball standpoint Bucknell plays the same highly quality schedule on a macro basis. I hope he spent some time with Bruce on campus because coming from McDonough its the same kind of transition and from my interactions with Bruce he seems really settled and happy and understands Bucknell's where he get's his bread buttered.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:14 AM