Username Post: Around the Patriot League 2017-18
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
09-27-17 09:53 PM - Post#233283    
    In response to bisonmania

• bisonmania Said:
Laffayette gets a commitment from Sean Good who is rated as high as 3.5 stars. I am not sure of the accuracy of that however. He appears to have been recruited at a higher level early on but still a good recruit for the Leopards. 137 any more info ?

He likely is a solid PL recruit, but I don't think there is much chance of him being another Mike Muscala or Nana Foulland. I doubt he will end up as good as Jared Mintz, although only time will tell.

He got an offer from Penn State at the start of his sophomore year - likely based on him already being 6-10 - and then added ones from Rice, Davidson, Penn, Boston U, and Colgate in the spring of his soph year. Then no reported offers for 15 months - except from Columbia - as his game appeared to plateau and he apparently stopped growing. I think PSU and Davidson pulled their offers at some point, but I can't confirm that. Given his school's proximity to Lewisburg, I am sure Bucknell scouted him - but he did not have a Bison offer. His final four were Colgate, Lafayette, Columbia, and Rice.

Good plays for a relatively small Catholic school (Trinity) in Camp Hill. Their competition is reasonably good, but far from great. Good last year - as a 6-10 junior - only averaged 8.6 ppg, but he did get 10.1 rpg and 4.4 bpg. (For comparison, as a freshman two years earlier he averaged 7.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg, and 5.1 bpg.) Not surprisingly, he had a big height advantage over most of his competitors, but is very thin (maybe 205 pounds). He was surrounded by two all-state players, which likely affected the number of shots he took but also meant he got easier shots than if he were the main offensive weapon. In AAU ball, he played for a strong team (Team Final) that had two superstars (ended up at Duke and Oregon) and a number of solid mid-major players. Good averaged about 10 mpg for that team, based on their website box scores.

As for his 3.5 stars, which is a Verbal Commits average of 4 stars from ESPN and 3 stars from Rivals, you have to remember that those sites see very few of the players who aren't superstars. Good suddenly went from unranked to 4 stars from ESPN when he picked up the PSU offer at the start of his sophomore year. Likely the same with Rivals.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.183 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:42 AM