Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 17-18 Season Previews
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
10-09-17 03:57 AM - Post#233587    
    In response to bradley

I like Yale a lot even without Mason. My guess is Jones will get them to be tougher defensively and on the boards this season and I expect Bruner to really step it up, Harvard could be very good IF they can replace Chambers at PG, Aiken will have to change his game a lot to take over that role, I think Yale will again match up better against Princeton than does Harvard.

Princeton will have to figure out how to play without Weisz. Last season, especially during their long winning streak, his penetrating passes to the wing from the middle or crosscourt were the main method the Tigers used to break down defenses and create room for an open jumper or a driving lane, They could go more traditional Princeton this season with Gladson or Stephens passing out of the high post. It would help if Bell can have a consistent season and if Cannady is able to drive and finish more. An immediate shot in the arm from one of the freshmen would be great, but I think Brennan could contribute a lot (think Will Barrett) if allowed to play as a stretch four instead of a center, at least on the offensive end.

Defensively the Tigers will need their post guys to play tougher--Miller did a lot to contain opposing bigs. Cook was a strong defender and rebounder and Weisz snagged a lot of DRs too. Freshman Deroiser has the look of a guy who could D people up, but we''ll see. Sophomores like Aririguzoh should get a chance to earn minutes if they are good defenders.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:10 PM