Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: IVY FAN POLL
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
10-16-17 10:39 AM - Post#234037    
    In response to bradley

Alrighty... I'll dive in here. Haven't done the work I'd normally do (probably won't be able to this year, sadly), but generally this is where my head is at:

Princeton
Yale
Harvard
Penn
Columbia
Dartmouth
Cornell
Brown

The top three to me seem to be pretty even, so I'll be the one that goes against the grain.

Penn's sorta in no man's land right now, probably closer to Columbia/Dartmouth/Cornel l than HYP, but significantly enough in between that I can see why they're gonna be a near-unanimous pick for 4th.

I really think Columbia's strong freshman class is going to help it EASILY outperform the #283 ranking on Bart Torvik's site, but that's a lot of ground to make up on Penn. The freshman class projects for about 24 WS over four years in my model, and last year's seniors only combined for 5, so there's a fair deal of evidence that the production might not drop.

I'm not a believer in Cornell just yet (and especially to the crazy Top 200 level that others are). Probably unfair to have them below Dartmouth, but Columbia/Cornell/Dartmout h are about as hard to pick between as HYP.

Brown - it's all about the defense. We'll see. They'll score points, for sure.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.282 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:29 PM