Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy AI
Bears03 
Freshman

Reg: 02-23-12
11-07-17 03:23 AM - Post#235567    
    In response to section110

I’m all for leveling the playing field, but to identify the problem we may want to hear what they are. It would be really interesting if a journalist talked to every ivy mbb recruit over the past 10 years to find out what the top factors were in their decision.

How many were influenced by FA? How many even knew what their AI number was, and did that prevent them from particular schools? The perceived ability to get immediate playing time or to win a championship? Facilities, city/rural, academics, other?

And then what would be really interesting is to find out why ”gettable” recruits chose non-Ivy’s. I’m guessing that answer is much more unanimously scholarships. No algebraic formulas necessary to know their cost is $0.

Absent any of that information, I’m in the camp that Ivy’s should allow scholarships, but retain and level the AI across all schools to maintain the academic integrity of the league.

Edited by Bears03 on 11-07-17 03:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.614 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:02 AM