Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Men's Basketball Tip-Off Reception
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
11-07-17 08:51 PM - Post#235637    
    In response to Bison89

I did go to the reception. The usual suspects were there-Newcombe, Birdsong, Pavlechco, Big Al, etc. The asst. coaches were there including Griffin who worked the room and others. Nate Davis came and brought the seniors Zach Thomas and Steven Brown, Nana had another commitment he couldn't make it.
In Nate Davis form, it was a little low key and subdued. I was looking for a little enthusiasm but all I got was a gray haired gentrified group of golf-clapping seniors and the younger folks were quiet couples. The only student that came got kicked out because of his fake ID. Zach Thomas and Steven Brown awkwardly got some dinner and sat down in the midst of the seniors and they must have already gone to and passed the wine, dine, and act fine class because they were very calm and polite.
Essentially the tough OOC schedule is so Davis can more easily pick out our teams weaknesses so he can work on them for league play. He basically said the game is up to the players and practice is to go through all the scenarios in the game and he is there during the game to help out how he can. He basically said North Carolina and Maryland may beat us because they have higher caliber players but they will not be out coached. He said Bucknell's strength is their competitiveness. Also, he said the freshman Paul Newman is going to be good and he is a top offensive rebounder.
I didn't get a good vibe about the team at all. After Towson and the reception, we are sitting at 0-2.
I am 12th man on the giveaway team. No parting gifts coming my way and the top guys are getting the assists. Newcombe was pushing the Monmouth bus trip. I just may go and encourage everyone including the students to fill it up. We need a turnaround here.

Edited by Paulie777 on 11-07-17 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.235 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:20 PM