Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn v Fairfield
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
11-12-17 10:16 AM - Post#235971    
    In response to rbg

Very disappointing start yesterday. The players executed poorly but Really this loss goes squarely on Steve Donahue. We all heard about the move to two bigs. He started two bigs and had 2 in there much of the time, So if that is the apparent strategy why in the world did we shoot 39 3s, which is 5 more attempts than our highest attempts against Columbia at home last year (also a loss). The game I watched featured zero shot attempts by Max (he played bad otherwise but really never got the ball in the post) and more importantly 4 of AJs 12 shots were 3s. He really didn’t get many post touches either and when he did, he scored going 6-8 from non three land. What about high low action? None. When they went zone I saw Max or AJ get to the high post with no entry passes multiple times. Our guards just dribbled around the perimeter hoping for the Red Sea to part. We had two bigs on the floor for somewhere around 50 of 80 possible minutes and they took a combined 8 shots in the paint, all of which were AJ.

And while we were going 9-39 from 3 ( and still somehow scored 72 pts) while not feeding the post our guards were regularly posted up by Fairfield bigs who got easy layups. Fairfield took 56 shots to score 80and we took 72 shots to score 72.

If you wanna jack up threes then play 4 guards and have at it. ( we tried some of that too) Don’t play two bigs with no plan to actually use them.

Then the rotations made no sense. SD played 12 different players. Only 3 who made the trip didn’t play. there was no continuity on the floor. I can’t imagine 12 guys are regularly in the rotation in practice so some of what SD did was not anything they had practiced. It’s mind boggling you can go a whole offseason and come up with this for a game plan. No thank you.

Maybe he is saving it for Lasalle. I hope so.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.318 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:26 AM