Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux transferring
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-13-17 09:36 AM - Post#236081    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

Some quotes from Coach McLaughlin after the Quinnipiac loss on Saturday.

http://www.vnews.com/Dartmouth-men-s-baske tball-at...

-- The Big Green, 7-20 overall and 4-10 in the Ivies last season, was picked to finish seventh in the Ancient Eight during a preseason poll of league media. That was for a team including Boudreaux, whose egression McLaughlin said he did not see coming.

“We had a brief discussion Wednesday, and I wished him luck,” said the second-year coach. “He didn’t want to be part of this process, and we don’t want people who don’t want to be here. I’m not going to try talk guys out of it.”

Any idea why Boudreaux, who denied to the Valley News midway through last winter that he was considering such an exit, would pull the ripcord so suddenly and days before the season opener?

“I’m not in his head,” McLaughlin said. “He made his own decision in his own best interests.”

What was your reaction to the news?

“All my effort immediately turned to the guys who want to be part of this team,” McLaughlin responded. “I coach everyone very hard and with a lot of passion. When someone doesn’t want to be part of that work process, it hurts and it’s surprising, because you pour your heart into what goes on.” --

McLaughlin was interviewed during halftime of the women's game against Boston College yesterday and was asked about the situation. Like the Friday Valley News article, the coach did not mention Boudreaux by name or his leaving the program. He emphasized playing with guys who want to be here, play together, compete together and be about each other.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.231 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:11 AM