American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: North Carolina Game
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
11-15-17 04:28 PM - Post#236430    
    In response to jkrun80

• jkrun80 Said:

Paulie, I don't understand your disdain for Nana. You've always been overly critical of him. So, you are suggesting Coach Davis bench our second leading scorer and leading rebounder* in favor of an untried freshman, who's played 3 minutes of college basketball and was a last minute recruit, against the defending national champions???

*Not to mention PL Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, and pre-season Player of the Year?

I do not have a disdain for Nana. I get frustrated when his close range hook shots roll off the side of the rim. And I wish he had a jump shot, but then again if he did he would be somewhere like Syracuse or Indiana.
I am in awe of Nana's quickness around the rim and his ability to finish his shot, most notably his dunks. And he does play great defense. In the other thread "Nana the human eclipse" I listed the awards he is up for and wished him well, and meant it.
I want to see Paul Newman play because Nana will take absolutely nothing from this game win or lose and Paul Newman could have a large and much needed learning curve in a game like this. Plus, no one will know on either team how he will perform and that randomness may come in our favor I think.
Nana is a great player and I just get frustrated when his shots roll away. Every time he gets the ball in his hands I root for him and wish him success.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:38 AM