Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: BYU
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
11-15-17 11:02 PM - Post#236533    
    In response to bradley

Frustrating game with the MH four-point giveaway at the crucial moment and the un-Princeton-like offense.

So far, my concerns pre-season have been pretty exactly reflected in the team's play. First-shot defense was spotty, although the defensive rebounding was first-rate. Once again, I think they miss Miller's post presence and Cook and Weisz's tenacity. Even more than last year it seems to me that the Tigers need to tilt a little more to creating turnovers and making opponents uncomfortable. They all have long arms. Why no extended zone?

Offensively, Weisz was really, really important in making the new-style dribble-drive offense not turn into a stand-around-fest. His sharp passes loosened the D even when they were not assists, and players leaned to find gaps where he could hit them. MH supposedly went away from the classic Princeton offense to be less predictable, but I think tonight the Tigers were more predictable. Where is the off-ball screening and cutting, the spacing, the three-man plays? If Bell had finished better at the rim, or some of Cannady's hero plays worked out better (and to be honest I thought some of them were going to go in), it would have been closer, but probably not enough. They have to commit to spreading the floor, cutting, and hitting open guys and then the driving lanes will be open along with the kickouts for threes.

Much looked much better than last time and I really like Schweiger's potential. Brennan wasn't bad but they need to let him play as a stretch four if they want him to be effective offensively as a three-point shooter. Wish I knew what was up with Gladson. And hey, LeBlanc can play basketball pretty well, even if he's no threat for all-Ivy.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:09 AM