Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Manhattan
84grad 
Junior

Reg: 11-09-17
11-19-17 03:40 PM - Post#236953    

At the game in Riverdale yesterday. Game that should have been won, but Manhattan’s hot shooting and the rather creative first half lineups were enough to give us 2nd straight L. Disappointed with the result, but saw plenty I like. It’s early, and we’ll find out more in California.

Didn’t mind the starter punishment at the beginning after a lackluster game at HC. But the continued use of makeshift lineups seemed like overkill and put the team in a big hole (which they admirably dug out of in second half). Manhattan’s shooting was obviously the other major factor, although the defense conceded too many open locks in the first half. The defense picked up in the second half, but Manhattan made some tough shots.

Aiken is being forced to do too much at this point. Perhaps Tommy’s return (someone told me fifth hand his absence is due to a concussion) will give him some needed relief. Rio is clearly athletic and did reasonably well handling the ball, but until he gets more experience he really shouldn’t be the only other ball-handling option.

Impressed with Djuricic’s energy in battling for rebounds. He’s got the 3 point shot to go with that and both will make him the valuable contributor that MJ predicted that he would be a long time ago.

Lewis was clearly underutilized yesterday. The team really needs to make a big commitment to getting him the ball. He missed on a bunch of opportunities against Holy Cross, but looked much better yesterday (especially against the backup center).

Two consecutive games where Bassey has been offensive liability (6 TOs vs. HC and 0 points yesterday). While I understand his defensive contributions, I would like to see his minutes reduced to no more than 20. Offense becomes lethargic when he’s on the court with other low usage types.

Towns continues to display all sorts of ability, but I always expect him to take over the game. While I recognize the PF issues, he needs to be taking it to the basket more. Perhaps when Corey’s shooting picks up things will open up more.

Have to hope Egi takes a step forward this year (he’ll need to). My understanding is he’s close. At a minimum, he’s a big body.

IMHO, Perez does not need to take a step forward to be an important piece of the puzzle. I thought his absence last year during the final two weekends was very costly. Don’t know what the issue is. He is a high energy guy and would have been a perfect lineup insertion while the starters were being forced to sit in the corner yesterday.

I’m off to Fullerton next week. At least there’s no pressure to need a win on Thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.183 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:57 AM